Sign in or register

If you want to take part in the discussions, sign in or apply for membership below!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Firmware release for TF card ?

Hi. Any chance for original Firmware to be released for TF card update? Just in case something goes wrong and need to install original Firmware.

also for those without PC computer, is it possible to release Firmware for TF card for probox2 AVA? Thank you.

Comments

• Steven, I am not quite sure what you mean in your second question, 

My Ava box runs in my homenetwork, but is not connected via a pc.
    I recently upgraded OTA (Over the Air) and this worked flawless.
    The beauty is, the firmware will not be changed unless the file is 100% ok, so no worries there.

So just make sure you do not run your box on batteries, you will be fine ;)

cheers, Marco
  • sorry what i mean is i don't have Pc to use 'burning tool' so it is much easier to use TF card update like other probox2's. easier to download firmware to usb drive and update manually

sometimes i like to install original firmware if something goes wrong
  • Ah i see. I don't think it will be an issue yo ask for the firmwares to be made available online. Let me check with the team for you.
  • thanks friend
  • its alright. i bought a few Zidoo H6 Pro's. Zidoo guys actually respond to you where Probox2 guys rarely do. The Zidoo box is faster and has better picture quality than my various Probox2 boxes. 

I'd recommend Zidoo to anyone over Probox2 any day just based on customer service alone
  • Could you provide the image firmware file, please!! I'm having issues, my box is in the loop boot and only the option is reflash it from the sdcard 
  • mike1 said:

Could you provide the image firmware file, please!! I'm having issues, my box is in the loop boot and only the option is reflash it from the sdcard 

For hard reset the player, please download and extract the firmware: http://download.probox2.com/PROBOX2_AVA_20170901_20170901-1306.zip

thanks,
    CS
    PROBOX2
  • Thank you very much for your help and fast answer!
  • Thanks again! I was able to flash the rom and now my box is ok!
  • Having just purchased an Ava and new to the forum, could the link to the pdf be updated as it's now dead or if someone has a copy of the "firmware upgrade method".pdf could they please upload a copy... thankyou.

Nice box by the way!
  • edited July 15
    bluepeter said:

Having just purchased an Ava and new to the forum, could the link to the pdf be updated as it's now dead or if someone has a copy of the "firmware upgrade method".pdf could they please upload a copy... thankyou.
    copy this link and past it in browser
    http://download.probox2.com/firmware-upgrade-method-ava.pdf

• gaby7 said:

bluepeter said:

Having just purchased an Ava and new to the forum, could the link to the pdf be updated as it's now dead or if someone has a copy of the "firmware upgrade method".pdf could they please upload a copy... thankyou.
    copy this link and past it in browser
    http://download.probox2.com/firmware-upgrade-method-ava.pdf

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you very much Gaby, your a lifesaver x.